Brand New High Grade CGC Graded Silver Age Marvels in Pedigree Comics' January Grand Auction
According to Pedigree Comics' President and CEO, Doug Schmell, his company's upcoming January Grand auction will feature a new group of high grade CGC certified 1960's and early 1970's Marvels. The auction is scheduled to begin on the night of Monday, January 11th and last for ten (10) days until the night of Thursday, January 21st as a separate event on the Pedigree Comics website (www.PedigreeComics.com). There is no Buyers Premium on any of the lots in the auction and almost every listing will have no reserve. Every book is CGC graded and the minimum bid is only $20 for this auction. You can view the initial high grade comics in the Auction Preview right now (over 200 books). Just go to the Pedigree Comics website and click on the Auction banner.
This auction will also feature a near-complete low to mid-grade run of Avengers from #1 through #130 plus a high grade consignment of Silver and Bronze Age Marvels and DC's. Please check the Pedigree Comics website over the next few weeks for all the details and last minute additions to the auction.
The new batch of Silver Age Marvels was just recently added to the auction Preview. Every book is listed with no reserve. Here are the highlights:
Amazing Spider-Man 43 8.5
Amazing Spider-Man 45 9.2
Amazing Spider-Man 46 8.5
Amazing Spider-Man 49 9.2
Amazing Spider-Man 54 9.4
Amazing Spider-Man 61 9.2
Amazing Spider-Man 76 9.0
Amazing Spider-Man 98 9.8
Amazing Spider-Man 129 9.4
Daredevil 17 9.0
Fantastic Four 6 8.5
Fantastic Four 67 9.0
Fantastic Four 74 9.0
Fantastic four 88 9.8
Incredible Hulk 153 9.6
Iron Man 1 9.2
Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD 2 9.2
Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD 3 9.2
Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 29 9.4
Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 61 9.4
Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos 62 9.6
Silver Surfer 16 8.0
Tales of Suspense 41 9.0
Tales of Suspense 57 9.0
Tales to Astonish 93 8.5
X-Men 61 8.5
If you have high grade CGC or CBCS certified comic books to sell or consign, do yourself a favor and contact Pedigree Comics' CEO and President, Doug Schmell. Please go to the site (www.PedigreeComics.com)and read the following for all consignment information or contact him directly at (561) 422-1120 or (561) 596-911 or by email at [email protected].
Pedigree Comics is still accepting consignments for the January Grand Auction and will continue to do so until the night of Monday, January 11th. The sooner you consign your books the more exposure they will receive. Pedigree Aggressively promotes and advertises each auction and sends periodic newsletters to all of their over 24,500 customers announcing the auction items. They also offer generous cash advances for quality consignments so check the site for consignment instructions and get your books in now.
Mr. Schmell invites you to take advantage of Pedigree’s many outstanding services. Consignors maximize their profits selling in a Grand Auction, more so than on any other auction site or auction house. They do not charge a buyers’ premium, an amount that most bidders take into consideration when bidding in other sites (the bidders simply deduct the buyers’ premium amount, usually 20% of the winning price, from their final bid, meaning less $$ to the consignor and more to the auction site). The higher the value of your book(s) that sell in a Grand Auction, the more $$ you take home under Pedigree Comics’ Climbing Scale as follows:
A Climbing Scale is in effect for consigned comics with a winning bid as follows:
- 10% Commission for any consigned item that sells up to $10,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $90% of the final bid price);
- 9% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $10,000 and up to $25,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $91% of the final bid price);
- 8% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $25,000 and up to $50,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $92% of the final bid price);
- 6% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $50,000 and up to $100,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $94% of the final bid price);
- 5% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $100,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $95% of the final bid price).
Pedigree consistently sets new sales records for Golden Age, Silver Age and Bronze Age comic books in each of their bi-monthly auctions and they do not saturate the market with the same material each month. Grand Auctions are unique and exciting, with brand new CGC and CBCS certified and diversified, highest quality material in each event. Why take home less $$ and settle for less by consigning with someone else?
There are three easy ways to consign your books to the upcoming January Grand Auction. The only criteria is that the books must be CGC or CBCS graded and worth no less than $20.00. If you have high grade raw books that you want to have certified and sold in the December auction or a future Grand Auction, you can utilize Pedigree’s Raw To Riches Consignment Service, in which they will have your books certified under their account and will lay out all the CGC or CBCS grading fees in advance for you (refer to the website and their Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide advertisement for all the details of the Raw to Riches Consignment Service). Here is how to consign:
1. Ship your books to their offices in Wellington, Florida. They will inventory, scan and upload each book into the Grand Auction listing. The items will be listed under your personal account and you will receive email notification at the conclusion of the auction with a list of every consigned book that sold along with the winning bid made.
2. Email the scans of the books you wish to consign directly to them at [email protected]. They will format and upload each scan onto their server and then put each book into the Grand Auction listing. Please use a .jpeg format with the resolution set at 72 and the pixel width at no more than 1200 for optimum clarity. If you do not have a scanner you can use a digital camera.
3. You can upload your own scans, item information, book descriptions and reserve amounts, if any, by utilizing their Automated Consignment System. Just register onto the site (www.PedigreeComics.com) and login, click the “Customer Page” tab under “Your Account” and then click “Consignments” (under the “Auctions” heading). You will then be able to enter the Pedigree Comics Consignment Management System and list your own CGC and CBCS certified books. You will receive an email once you have uploaded the scan and book information for each individual item into the system and they will then review the information imparted for accuracy. The item(s) will then be added to the Grand Auction listing to be bid on. You will be amazed how simple it is to use the Automated Consignment System.
If you have any questions or comments about the consignment process, any of the auction lots or about the January Grand Auction in general, please contact Mr. Schmell at (561) 422-1120 (office) or (561) 596-9111 (cell) or at [email protected]. For any financial related and consignment payment questions, please contact their CFO, Lisa Shapiro, at [email protected]and for any technical related questions or concerns, please contact their Web Master at [email protected].
13 Sep 2022
Nearly 2,200 Lots Over Three Days, All Items Start At $9.99!
Hake’s Auctions’ newest online exclusive auction opens for bidding Wednesday, September 7, 2022. Closing dates are September 20-22, 2022.Read more
27 Aug 2022
CGC-Graded Comics Lead Heritage Auctions Comics & Comic Art Signature® Auction September 8-11
Most of the top comic books – including the top 50 by pre-auction estimates – in Heritage Auctions’ Comics & Comic Art Signature® Auction September 8-11 boast CGC grades.Read more