New High Grade Detective Comics Group in Pedigree Comics' March Grand Auction
According to CEO and President Doug Schmell of Pedigree Comics, Inc., he recently purchased a high grade CGC Silver Age DC collection for his company's upcoming March Grand Auction. The auction is scheduled to begin in just over two (2) weeks, on the night of Monday, March 2nd and last for ten (10) days until the night of Thursday, March 12th as a separate event on the Pedigree Comics website (www.PedigreeComics.com). There is no Buyers Premium on any of the lots in the auction and almost every listing will have no reserve. Every book is CGC graded and the minimum bid is only $20 for this Grand Auction. You can view the high grade comics in the Auction Preview right now (over 150 brand new books). Just go to the Pedigree Comics website and click on the Auction banner.
The brand new Silver Age DC collection comes out of central New Jersey and consists of over 125 CGC certified books, mostly in high grade. Titles include Action Comics (amazing run), Adventure Comics, Batman (fabulous run), Detective Comics, Flash, Superman, World's Finest Comics and more. There are many keys and highest certified books in the collection, highlighted by the world's only known 9.4 copy of Batman #100!
Please check the Pedigree Comics website and this space each week for more details and specific titles and runs from the collection. This week the focus is on the Detective Comics group, which consists of over 35 high grade issues from the Golden Age to the early 1970's. The Detectives are brand new to market. A few issues are the highest certified copy to date. There are even a few doubles of issues in the group. Here are the highlights:
Detective Comics 88 8.0
Detective Comics 145 8.0
Detective Comics 169 8.5
Detective Comics 172 7.0
Detective Comics 188 7.5
Detective Comics 190 7.0
Detective Comics 198 7.5
Detective Comics 212 8.0
Detective Comics 213 7.5
Detective Comics 215 9.0
Detective Comics 230 8.5
Detective Comics 232 9.0
Detective Comics 257 8.0
Detective Comics 259 9.4
Detective Comics 265 8.0
Detective Comics 287 9.2
Detective Comics 346 9.8
Detective Comics 364 9.2
Detective Comics 372 9.4
Detective Comics 383 9.4
Detective Comics 408 9.0
Detective Comics 420 9.4
Detective Comics 421 9.6
Detective Comics 423 9.4
Detective Comics 424 9.4
Detective Comics 431 9.6
If you have high grade CGC or CBCS certified comic books to sell or consign, do yourself a favor and contact Pedigree Comics' CEO and President, Doug Schmell. Please go to the site (www.PedigreeComics.com) and read the following for all consignment information or contact him directly at (561) 422-1120 or (561) 596-911 or by email at [email protected].
Pedigree is still accepting consignments for the March Grand Auction. The sooner you consign your books the more exposure they will receive. Pedigree aggressively promotes and advertises each auction and send periodic newsletters to all of their over 24,000 customers announcing the auction items. They also offer generous cash advances for quality consignments so check the site for consignment instructions and get your books in now.
Mr. Schmell invites you to take advantage of Pedigree’s many outstanding services. Consignors maximize their profits selling in the Grand Auction, more so than on any other auction site or auction house. They do not charge a buyers’ premium, an amount that most bidders take into consideration when bidding in other sites (the bidders simply deduct the buyers’ premium amount, usually 20% of the winning price, from their final bid, meaning less $$ to the consignor and more to the auction site). The higher the value of your book(s) that sell in a Grand Auction, the more $$ you take home under Pedigree Comics’ Climbing Scale as follows:
A Climbing Scale is in effect for consigned comics with a winning bid as follows:
- 10% Commission for any consigned item that sells up to $10,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $90% of the final bid price);
- 9% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $10,000 and up to $25,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $91% of the final bid price);
- 8% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $25,000 and up to $50,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $92% of the final bid price);
- 6% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $50,000 and up to $100,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $94% of the final bid price);
- 5% Commission for any consigned item that sells over $100,000 (Consignor’s Proceeds = $95% of the final bid price).
Pedigree consistently sets new sales records for Golden Age, Silver Age and Bronze Age comic books in each of their bi-monthly auctions and they do not saturate the market with the same material each month. Grand Auctions are unique and exciting, with brand new CGC and CBCS certified and diversified, highest quality material in each event. Why take home less $$ and settle for less by consigning with someone else?
There are three easy ways to consign your books to their upcoming March Grand Auction. The only criteria is that the books must be CGC or CBCS graded and worth no less than $20.00. If you have high grade raw books that you want to have certified and sold in the January auction or a future Grand Auction, you can utilize Pedigree's Raw To Riches Consignment Service, in which they will have your books certified under their account and will lay out all the CGC or CBCS grading fees in advance for you (refer to the website and their Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide advertisement for all the details of the Raw to Riches Consignment Service). Here is how to consign:
1. Ship your books to their offices in Wellington, Florida. They will inventory, scan and upload each book into the Grand Auction listing. The items will be listed under your personal account and you will receive email notification at the conclusion of the auction with a list of every consigned book that sold along with the winning bid made.
2. Email the scans of the books you wish to consign directly to them at [email protected]. They will format and upload each scan onto their server and then put each book into the Grand Auction listing. Please use a .jpeg format with the resolution set at 72 and the pixel width at no more than 1200 for optimal clarity. If you do not have a scanner you can use a digital camera.
3. You can upload your own scans, item information, book descriptions and reserve amounts, if any, by utilizing their Automated Consignment System. Just register onto the site (www.PedigreeComics.com) and login, click the “Customer Page” tab under “Your Account” and then click “Consignments” (under the “Auctions” heading). You will then be able to enter the Pedigree Comics Consignment Management System and list your own CGC and CBCS certified books. They will receive an email once you have uploaded the scan and book information for each individual item into the system and they will then review the information imparted for accuracy. The item(s) will then be added to the Grand Auction listing to be bid on. You will be amazed how simple it is to use the Automated Consignment System.
If you have any questions or comments about the consignment process, any of the auction lots or about the March Grand Auction in general, please contact Mr. Schmell at (561) 422-1120 (office) or (561) 596-9111 (cell) or at [email protected]. For any financial related and consignment payment questions, please contact their CFO, Lisa Shapiro, at [email protected] and for any technical related questions or concerns, please contact their Web Master at [email protected].
2 Apr 2020
Still More Super High Grade Marvel & Warren Magazines in Pedigree Comics' April Grand Auction
The new magazines featured in this auction are all 9.8 and 9.6 with only a handful in 9.4 and are all Marvels and Warrens. Almost every one is either the highest or second highest certified copy to date.Read more
2 Apr 2020
Results Soar in First Auction Ever Dedicated to CGC-Certified Magazines
Results from the first-ever auction dedicated to CGC-certified magazines yielded results well above pre-auction estimates when Heritage Auctions’ CGC-Certified Magazines Online Auction realized $118,224 in total sales.Read more